An Extreme and Absolute Time-Sucker

Hello, and thanks for joining me. I hope you've come to help because I'm in the absolute thick of it!  I've recently been working on the final edits for The Cautioner's Tale, the first book in my Mary Morgan's Journal trilogy. I was fortunate enough to have several wonderfully helpful beta readers give it a test read a few months ago, and I've since incorporated their suggestions along with the notes I made on both the story and the drawings.
I think I've mentioned in a previous post that this is the first book I've created that's fully illustrated, sort of graphic-novelly, but...not. I don't use the "panels" you see in graphic novels and comic books. Instead, I use various methods and media to help get my ideas across. Weird, I know, but it's fun and interesting. But it's also an extreme and absolute time-sucker!

That's where you come in...

Below, I've posted the first four pages of The Cautioner's Tale. I'm hoping you'll have a look and just give me your thoughts:

Are you interested in the storyline?
Are all pages readable?
Does the artwork help or hinder the story?
Would you read more if I provided it here?

And, of course, any other comments or questions are welcome. You can either comment directly on this post, or send me an email:  rm@iamrmwilburn.com.

Thanks in advance, and if you happen to be another writer (and/or illustrator), I'd be happy to return the favor.

So, here we are with the first few pages of The Cautioner's Tale:









So, what do you think?

Are you interested in the storyline?
Are all pages readable?
Does the artwork help or hinder the story?
Would you read more if I provided it here?

(Also, feel free to ask technical questions like, "How in the heck did you do that?!" I'm happy to share.)

Thanks again for your help! Please leave comments, or email me:  rm@iamrmwilburn.com

And one last thing:  if you're interested in receiving a FREE full length copy of The Cautioner's Tale two weeks prior to its publication (11/8/2017), please join my Advance Review Team. It's quick and painless, and I don't share your email address with anyone for any reason. 

Comments

  1. I love this concept and having the pages with images works extremely well. Yes I would like to know how you did it! The story has me intrigued and I want to read more! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thanks for your comments. I sometimes worry I'm cramming too much stuff on a page, but I try to make sure everything there directly relates to the story and isn't just eye candy. I'm planning a couple of "tutorials" I'll be posting soon about how I make my pages. I use mostly Photoshop, along with my own digital paintings and public domain pics. Also, I plan to post more pages here soon, so please stay in touch! Thanks again. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Calling All Cover Lovers!

The Cautioner's Tale - second installment