Teasers, Twists, and Tales


The Cautioner's Tale
Hello and thanks for visiting. It's been a couple weeks since I last posted, so in case anyone's wondering, let me report what I've been up to. It's been a very exciting time!

First, I finally got The Cautioner's Tale up for pre-order on Amazon. It looks wonderful and the images are sharp and crisp, so I'm truly happy with it and I think readers will be as well. It's also received a couple more 5* reviews since I last posted, so I know I'm at least headed in the right direction.

The paperback edition is still a work in progress, but will likely be ready by the end of this week. There's a lot that goes into color and brightness adjustments as well as specific formatting when it comes to a print edition. (Ebooks are far easier!) For the time being, The Cautioner's Tale is printed on uncoated white pages, meaning it has more of the classic comic book feel than the slick graphic novel, but the images are sharp and the color is bright, so it is what it's supposed to be. I've been asked by advance reviewers if a slick graphic novel edition is coming soon. My answer: that's another work in progress. I'll keep you posted.

As for how I've spent the rest of my time lately, I have this next image to show for it. This is my working cover for the next book in the Mary Morgan's Journal series, The Rescuer's Tale. It, too, is a work-in-progress and may change dramatically between today and launch day, but it's coming along nicely, as is the rest of the book. The story of The Rescuer's Tale is written and most of the drawings are complete, so it's just a matter of arranging things and tidying up some formatting issues before I'm on to the third book, The Hero's Tale.  The story there is bare bones - lean and quick - and is promising to be my favorite! It's hard not to rush off and dive into The Hero's Tale before finishing the second book because the twist at the end of The Rescuer's Tale is a literal launch pad for all sorts of adventures and the ideas are bursting like firecrackers! Yep, that's a teaser, but here's a better one...

This PI license belongs to a character first mentioned in some of Ancillary Pawn's notes in The Cautioner's Tale (read Ancillary Pawn's Confession here or on my website). His name, obviously, is Posthumous Krill, and he'll be playing a major role in The Rescuer's Tale primarily because of his relationship to The Machine. That's all you'll get from me for now, but keep your eyes open for more on The Cautioner's Tale (pre-order here) and The Rescuer's Tale (pre-order will soon be available).

As always, thanks for hanging out with me for a few minutes, and please feel free to get in touch: email, Facebook, Twitter.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Extreme and Absolute Time-Sucker

Calling All Cover Lovers!

The Cautioner's Tale - second installment