Another Pleasant SurPRIZE!

Hello, and thanks for visiting. It's been a busy week and is about to get even busier in the coming days.

As you can see by this photograph of Erbyn Waryer - a character in my upcoming book The Hero's Tale (Mary Morgan's Journal, Book 3) - I'm under threat to work quickly. Getting back to full speed work on The Hero's Tale after a couple of months renovating a 1905 Victorian can seem like quite a leap when I first consider it, but it's actually a welcome change, like settling back into a favorite old leather chair and wondering, "What have I missed since I've been gone?" By virtue of being an author-illustrator, I not only hear my characters' answers, but most often, I see the characters as well. They are not always pleasant, nor are they patient, but our relationships have their rewards.
 
Last week, I talked about that swanky silver seal I was awarded from Readers' Favorite for the first book in my Mary Morgan's Journal series, The Cautioner's Tale. While I'm still thankful for that, I'm also excited to announce The Cautioner's Tale has just been named the Solo Medalist for the 2017 New Apple Book Award For Excellence in Independent Publishing - Graphic Novel Category!  This honor comes with its very own swanky silver seal.


I'd like to say a special thanks to the people at New Apple for considering my work and awarding it top prize in its category. It's an encouraging accomplishment that further motivates me toward wrapping up The Hero's Tale. In the meantime, if you'd like more news and information about me or my books, please have a look at my website: www.iamrmwilburn.com. Or, find me on Facebook or Twitter.

Until next time, thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Extreme and Absolute Time-Sucker

Calling All Cover Lovers!

The Cautioner's Tale - second installment